Thursday, March 26, 2015

March 26: Map

From @NaamTok:
It wasn’t going to happen again. She had assured him repeatedly. “Trust me”. Frustrated, she had in fact lost their way again, despite planning secretly on Google before he even handed her the map. “Maybe the pub moved?,” he suggested playfully, not realising how angry she was, with herself. If he keeps it up…

From konfuzed:
Where are you going? i asked
Where have you been? he replied
How are you getting there? I asked
How did you get here? he replied.
We need to backup a bit I said.
There’s no map for the adventure we’re taking he said.
I’m not talking to the mirror again. #Asshole

From @ShayanBKK:
"We're lost!" she exclaimed, as I anxiously drive through barren lands. Google Map on the fritz and gas swiftly draining much like our fortitude, we were heading towards the unknown.

Where in the world are we? A never-ending abyss as it would seem.

And then my eyes open.

From @2yrsbangkok:
He didn’t even remember when he had first become captivated by her. The fixation had bloomed inside of him slowly, petal by petal, until it blossomed wide into something that pressed on his insides.

Delicately, he spread the map out on the floor.  Hand-drawn, it showed her daily travel routes in careful detail.

From @thomaswanhoff:
“I am from Issan”, she said. When I asked where, she said Kong Khaen. When I asked if from the city, she said “nearby”. When I asked for village name, she said “No village, have farm, we poor”. And then she sent me the Google Map coordinates. I love technology. ETA 9.5 hours.

From @sengkang:
“Map” I demanded. She threw it at me. “Ask someone!” she snarled. I ignored her and studied the map intently as she seethed. Policeman at the window. “Why are you parked here?”  “He’s lost” she spat, before I could reply. He looked hard at me. “Hmm, upside down map. Explains it.” She smiled.

From @geoffgthomas:
Pausing to view the strategically placed map, a well dressed Thai with good English informed me that the Grand Palace was temporarily closed. However, his smiling friend would take me on a small tuk-tuk tour of Bangkok, after which, the Palace would once again be open. Welcome to Thailand's oldest and most embarrassing tourist scam. 

From @huskychemist:
When I was in college my sister and brother-in-law (with whom I was staying) went away on a vacation with his family. They left without me. I was invited, but thought I didn't want to go. Until the house was empty. So I packed my bags and found my way to their campground, which was a three-hour drive away. One of the family members there said to me, in amazement, "How did you get here?"
I followed a map.

From @PennyKinned:
He gazed at the box of random items, puzzled. Old books, scratched CDs, worn items of clothing, diaries bursting with scraps and scribbles, fading photographs from a time before digital cameras…

“I don’t understand.”

“You said you wanted to know me. How I became who I am. Well, this is the map. Happy treasure hunting.”

No comments:

Post a Comment