Monday, March 30, 2015

March 30: Gold

From konfuzed:
My wife wanted a “cultural” night out… Alright, you book it, put it on my card and we’ll go I told her.

We’re queuing at an unfamiliar venue… where are we i asked.  Some ballet…

The stage lit up. OMG,

“Gold, Gold, always believe in your soul, you’ve got the power to know, you’re indestructible”

Someone shoot me now

From @geoffgthomas
The news that John had married his young Thai sweetheart came as something of a shock to all of us. In earlier emails he'd appeared happy and had described Tassaneeya as his beautiful 'trophy wife'. But now, having spent two hours in her company, I can only assume that he hadn't won the gold.

From @bangkokgirlblog:
She had always loved rainbows. 

One day on discovering the elusive end, she found the infamous pot of gold to be a myth. 

Instead of feeling defeated she sat by the rainbow and realised she had her health, friends, family, peace, freedom, knowledge and love – seven colours are more valuable than one pot of gold. 

From @NaamTok:
“…A golden suit of armour and sword might look pretty, but in battle they would be useless”. Replied the Blacksmith, answering the Boy-Prince’s initial request.  “Gold is heavy, and actually pretty soft,” His Young Majesty listened intently. “The colour alone would make you a keen target, and any steel would cut through it like butter…”

From @sleepypigrabbit:
"Let's call my friends over for this," Grandfather said excitably before Grandmother interjected, "What friends? They're all dead." He shot her a look before turning away angrily. "Just because you won't look at me doesn't mean you won't hear me!" Grandmother raised her voice.

I wonder how these two made it to their Golden Anniversary.

From @directryn:
A red & gold bug crawled up her sleeve, she only noticed as the bug took flight, which startled her, off balance she fell on the grass, tumbled, rolled three times down the hill bouncing like a loose innertube into the hedgerow. Leaves, dust, spider webs graced her face as a snake landed there, too.

From Anon:
I played the part beautifully. As a foreigner, how could I possibly know she was rich when we “accidentally” met at the bar? I insisted on paying for dates, feigned surprise at the big “reveal” and gave meaningful gifts. Of course, she married me. Some call me a gold-digger, but I call myself a pragmatist.

From @PennyKinned:

The little tea-shop does brisk business, seven days a week. The old man makes the best Indian chai in Bangkok, sweet and milky, brewed with cardamom, cloves, and cinnamon. On days I feel particularly homesick, I get myself a cup of tea from there. It tastes like home – and that is more precious than gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment